Click here or on the image above to view our virtual tour of Parklands (best viewed full screen on a laptop or desktop).
Today we heard that Parklands Festival, formerly Galtres Festival, won’t be taking place this year due to lack of ticket sales. Despite this, the festival still has a strong track record and has entertained many over it’s 10 years. We wanted toremember the fun family festival which has graced our August Bank holiday weekend for the last decade.
‘[Parklands is] like a school trip with your best mates’
This unique local event and we hope to see them back again in future years. We’re not ones to dwell on the past and we accept that running an event of the scale of Parklands is likely not an easy task. We all make mistakes, and I’m sure we will find a place for Parklands in our hearts again (I know we will). In the meantime, here at Ebor360, we thought it would be fitting to put together a small interactive virtual tour of some of the Parklands site in 2014 which also features some of the previous festival trailers and stories behind the people who attend Galtres (all available on the official Parklands YouTube channel).
Our interactive tour includes advanced navigation features, as part of the online software, Walk Into which we are very big fans of due to all the great features, as demonstrated in this tour (and many more not utilised):
- .Thumbnail navigation in the top left of the tour
- Customised icons in each panorama featuring at least one feature video with a text box with our thoughts on the location
- At least one story of the visitors to Parklands from videos directly linking to YouTube.
- The tour uses existing Google Maps images (which anyone can create).
- Auto rotation and auto tour progression from opening
- Full screen toggle, sharing, embedding and social options
So, we invite you to explore, share, embed and pass on this tour if you ever had special memories at Galtres. Enjoy your summer, and maybe we will see you there again in the future.